-
January 17th, 2001, 07:26 PM
#1
Inactive Member
For a long time my EWS64XL worked fine.
Having nothing changend (neither hardware nor software), now during bootup of windows98 an error is reported. The driver could not be loaded.
On the windows desktop a window appears with window title "Open driver" an message text "Can not open driver EWS0".
In system control/device manager the terratec is no longer displayed below the node "Terra Tec Audio Devices", but below the node "other devices" and it is called "EWS Audio System"
Is there anybody there who can help me?
-
January 17th, 2001, 09:31 PM
#2
Inactive Member
hmm...this sounds pretty strange. It could be a hardware problem. Just to be sure you don?t have a driver problem, you could use the remove.exe utility to remove your drivers and reinstall them. It?s the only thing I that comes to my mind.
Bye, Philipp
-
January 18th, 2001, 05:22 AM
#3
-
January 20th, 2001, 09:27 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I tried to remove the old drivers with remove utility (delivered for removal of DRV 2.15). Ok . ASIO drivers should be removed within this remove operation. Then I tried to install new drivers (the newest ones from ews64.com posted January 2001). But even pointig to the valid directory where the 1 CAB, 2 INF and 2 readmefiles are stored the install procedure comments this directory with "No drivers found".
I tested these drivers on a different computer. No problems during installation. EWS runs no with the new drivers there. Only difference: PC with troublew is Win98 Pentium II 266 Mhz, 128 MB RAM. PC without trouble is Win95 Pentium I 100 Mhz, 64 MB RAM.
Any suggestions why the Windows driver installation routine does not find anyx usefull data inside the inf and cab files?
-
January 21st, 2001, 09:37 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I?m not sure if the ASIO drivers are really removed by the remove.exe utility. The last ones I used where the beta drivers which had to be deleted from the registry manually.
Bye, Philipp
-
January 26th, 2001, 12:41 PM
#6
Inactive Member
problem fixed.
EWS64XL lost its EEPROM contents without any reason. After restoring it with c:\ews64\ewsmixer.exe running in DOS mode (without Windows running), now card is running and driver installation is possible again.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks